Monday 10 September 2012

eBooks and More

So my first eBook content provider will be opening shop in the next day or so. It's exciting and it's been a learning experience as I've gotten some good feedback on how eBook authors would like to use the site and the sort of changes I need to make to better support eBooks.

I also got an email from an EU-based erotica producer...they had several questions that my FAQ's didn't answer which was good to get as just about all my content producers have been American and didn't require the same type of information as he did. So I've been updating the FAQ to include his questions (and the appropriate answers). Unfortunately the draconian cotent restrictions I presently have to abide by are hurting his ability to publish a lot of his content at Mall of Erotica.

One of the interesting challenges from the eBook community is the ability to have several formats of the book (epub, mobi, html, text, etc.) available for download by purchasers of a single product. I hadn't originally considered this and as such the data model is currently "one file per product". I can change it, but it will require a fair bit of recoding and data conversion, but maybe now is the time to do it, as it's early enough in the game to be making big changes like that.

Besides, it'll end up being more normalized, and normal is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment